According to property experts a property is never more desirable than when it first goes onto the market.
If you have been trying to sell your home for months here are some helpful tips for keeping your property marketing fresh, and avoid it becoming forgotten:
- Don’t dismiss out of hand any offer you receive in those crucial early weeks of marketing. It will probably be the best offer you will ever receive on your home.
- If you’re several months (or years) down the line, you need to break the vicious cycle that is no one wants a house that no one wants. Take it off the market completely for at least two months, and preferably up to six months.
- Re-launch at the right time of year for your property, ie at the time of year when your buyer is most likely to be searching.
- Don’t scrimp on your re-launch: engage a professional home stager, commission a professional photographer, and choose a proactive agent who believes in quality marketing.
- If you get an early offer when you go back to market, take it! Within reason of course…. As a general rule of thumb, anything in excess of 90% Of your asking price is definitely worthy of consideration in this market, and over 95% is a terrific offer.